Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A small start... tired and pointless ravings from central Ohio

Today, I was actually happy to hear a bit of news. After a lovely day of pretending to be a big important guy (meeting with a large client), I was giddy to hear that the Fed cut interest rates by half a percent. So new home buyers might actually be looking to enter the market. Yeah, don't try to sell your house now. Not a good idea. End of story.
Enough about that. Warren Jeffs, earlier this week, sat nearly emotionless as the now 21 year old women described how she was forced to marry her first cousin under the order of Jeffs. This was all done, of course, for Jesus. Well, the Mormon Jesus. He's the weird one. Not like the pleasant looking Anglo-Saxon gentlemen that is in all of the paintings. Larry Craig just went back to work today on Capitol Hill after playing tappy-tap in a bathroom stall at the Minneapolis airport.
Of course, he was a strong opponent of gay rights. This can be explained quite easily, he's not gay. That's the beautiful thing! He probably does not actually think he's gay!
This is the world we live in. George W. is still president. A large portion of U.S. citizens believe that there is a devil, heaven, and hell. A somewhat smaller portion believes the earth is on the magnitude of some 6000 years old (I can't wait to get started on the Creation Museum, it's as if God himself blessed me with the best thing ever to make fun of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_museum ).
I am a post Somalia and pre-9-11 veteran. I have a BA in psychology and an MBA. I am passionate about this country, education, and raising my kids. I hope to join a community who feels the way I do, or is at least willing to give reason a chance. Sorry if the name is misleading, I do enjoy all things related to the cosmos and quantum physics. I think there is far more fascinating and inspirational information coming from those two fields than I do from any 2000 year old book.
If we long to believe that the stars rise and set for us, that we are the reason there is a Universe, does science do us a disservice in deflating our conceits? "....For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. [Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science As a Candle in the Dark]"
OH, and OJ got arrested again!! Uh- oh!

No comments: